Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall

This past weekend was beautiful! The fall colors on the trees were just gorgeous. I really think fall is my favorite time of the year. Cool mornings, warm afternoons, cool evenings ... sweater weather. Sam and I noticed some signs along the side of the road that indicated a "Holiday Showcase with over 20 vendors". We decided to seek it out. Well this showcase was being held at a beautiful secluded spot at the top of Gambrill Mountain called Thorpwood. Check out their website if you get a chance. They are a totally green building which was very interesting in itself. Waterless toilets. I can't begin to tell you how long I looked for a way to flush! Maybe that's a story for another blog. http://www.thorpewood.org/ What we couldn't stop commenting on were the brightly colored trees as we drove through the mountains and the fact that I hadn't even thought to bring along my camera to capture any of this. When we arrived back home I logged on to the computer and thanks to Sarah, she had uploaded some pictures that she and Jenny had taken on their hike in the woods the week before, so ..... I decided to share a couple of them here for everyone to enjoy. I'm hoping to get out again this up coming weekend and capture a few pictures myself. The colors are changing so quickly.


No comments: